December 21, 2010

Christmas Happenings

Breelyn and Bradley on the Sunday before Christmas. I never could find him a Christmas church outfit. Girl stuff is everywhere but it seems newborn boys have been forgotten. :)

Bradley was asked to play the part of baby Jesus in the Ward Christmas Party so his parents tagged along. He did a fantastic job.
Breelyn enjoyed sitting in the crowd eating all the christmas candy corns off the table since mom and dad weren't there to stop her. And she didn't look like she was about to listen to the wonderful primary girls who were watching her. She considers herself just as big as anyone in the primary and frequently has conversations with the older kids. I loved watching her the night of the Christmas party. She got all the little 4 year old girls to play with her in the foyer and started a happening little dance party doing the hot dog dance and ring around the rosies and 'cheerleading' taught by one of the 4 year olds.
My favorite part was when she invited M -a shy little girl from nursery to join in with them. Breelyn took her hand and started playing and m really opened up and fun with the other girls. It was so sweet.

Christmas Sunday
The Grinch's yearly visit. Breelyn wasn't scared and kept calling him Santa.
Grinch: "I'm not Santa, I'm the Grinch!"
Breelyn: "You're not the Grinch, you're Santa. That's Daddy, That's mommy, That's Baby Brother Bradley, I'm Breewyn... (pause- points to the girl) that's you, and you're santa."

We will have to teach her about the grinch next year. I'm determined to find Grinch gloves and give them to the guy next year. He goes to all the home of the people he works with and gives the kids candy and steals their presents. He could take ours but I'm sure Bree would just help him to the car with her gifts. :)



No comments: