June 19, 2012

Mom Day & Dad Day

Mother's Day:
Mommy was sick on Mother's Day but there was absolutely NO WAY that I was going to miss my very first opportunity to have a child sing to me in sacrament so I sucked it up and we went. Breelyn was right up front but then got bumped to the back and I was so sad I wouldn't get to see her little face during the song. A little way through the song she stuck her little head out and gave me a little wave and a huge smile before getting sucked back in. Her little head and wave popped out a couple more times through. It was one of the best moments of my life. I can't describe how it felt to see my little girl singing to me on Mother's Day. I almost cried... or did. :) After the song, Breelyn jumped up to the microphone and Brandon and I (who were sitting in the very back of the overflow) both say "NO!" under our breath, she must have thought better of it, or her little mind heard us and she got back down and walked back to us. Oh, what a special day. That was truly the best Mother's Day gift I could EVER ask for.

Anyone else have kids that like to take pictures as much as mine. They are seriously just fine the moment before/after the picture. I don't remember it being like this when there was only 1 kid. :)


Father's Day:
Breelyn had a perfect spot right up front for the sacrament primary song then promptly moved so she was next to the microphone. She didn't sing a word, she was so busy grinning and looking cute! Later the woman who was speaking told me she was so cute, she didn't want to walk off the "stage" when she was done. So she came skipping down all the way from the podium to the overflow, where we were sitting, again. :)

No comments: