January 6, 2011

Sweet Baby Boy

Bradley arrived on November 16 yet his due date was supposed to be December 6. I typed this up once before but it was reallllly long and so i never posted it. Here is the short version.


Sweet Baby Boy
Bradley G. Riebeek
At our first ultrasound Baby didn't fit on the screen since he was too far along for the internal ultrasound. I assume to save us the cost of another ultrasound the Dr. measured what she could guessed a date Dec 6-8 and told us we would get a more accurate due date at the next ultrasound to determine the sex. Well the ultrasound tech guessed earlier but didn't measure for gestational age since it wasn't reported to do so in the paper work. Or Whatever. At the next appointment I asked the dr. about it and was immediately told "Oh, no. We don't change the due date. The earliest measurement is the most accurate." Again, WHATEVER. She had said... that the next ultrasound would be most accurate. The Dr. was firm by measuring my fundal height (which after looking it up doesn't seem all that reliable since it depends on the persons body anyways) which stayed with Dec. 6-8 due date. Now I didn't know what the due date was supposed to be (from me) but I knew what it wasn't. And I knew this baby should be due the middle of November. Specifically November 16. No joke! I have it written in my journal a month before he came. Anyways when I went in to have Bradley they said that even though it was really early they wouldn't stop me because 36 weeks would still be okay for the baby. I wasn't concerned since I knew he was ready. So I had Bradley and the Pediatrician (sp?) came, who we met for the first time right then and love. If you need a family dr. recommendation just ask he's great. Anyways, he introduced himself and then says "Um, they told me you delievered at 36 weeks. But... (looking totally bewildered) this is a full term baby." Yep. The guy confirmed everything i'd been saying through out this pregnancy and I was right! People might of thought I was crazy to think he was going to come almost a full month early but I knew. Mom is always right! :) I was completely frustrated with my Dr. but I had a great labor experience this time so I might stay with her for the next one.

No comments: