November 17, 2011

4th Anniversary 11/17/11



1. Who is your man? Brandon Allen Riebeek

2. How long have you been together? 4 years married!

3. How long did you date? Where did you meet? May 06 - Nov. 07. I had gone to church with a roommate the week before since our church building was closed so we didn't have church. My roommate  Amber wanted to go with me after I told her it was a really great ward! His Branch really was pretty amazing. We were going to their FHE since we still did not have ours open yet. We got to their opening exercises and were leaving to the activity when Brandon opened the door for us stuck out his hand and said "Hi, I'm Brandon." I quickly shook his hand and went out the door. Then Amber was called into work so I went with Michelle and Drake alone. We talked after the activity then kept running into each other at Institute activities and da, da,da. Here we are.

4. How old is your man? 28. May 31.

5. Who eats more? Depends what kind of food it is.

6. Who said "I love you" first? I did. In fact I asked Him out. Which is really not like me and definitely not my      personality.

7. Who is taller? Brandon. It was one of my "requirements" 6 ft was the minimum. He just made it. :)

8. Who sings better? Brandon! He really loves to sing and I know if he could have any talent in the world singing is what he would choose.

9. Who is smarter? Brandon. Crazy smart in every thing, I've always called him a human sponge and he just says, I'm not as smart as my Dad. Which is probably why he is so smart. Good genes.

10. Whose temper is worse? I don't think we really have tempers I am easily moody and annoyed, though.

11. Who does the laundry? Neither of us :) (well neither of us like to do it anyway). Depends on the day. :)

12. Who does the dishes? Neither of us again :) J/K It's a mutual effort.

13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Depends on the night, I like to change it up so it's whatever side I want to sleep on, he takes the other and doesn't care.

14. Who pays the bills? Brandon. Though he does offer to show me stuff and tries to get me more involved.

15. Who is better at the computer? Him. But I do consider myself computer savvy.

16. Who mows the lawn? Him. I do a few lines here and there, i'm not very neat though, I think it takes practice. It's actually pretty fun but with two older brothers and a Dad who likes to use his riding lawn mower I never had to.

17. Who cooks dinner? It's a mutual effort. I like to bake and make soup. We grill probably 10 months out of the year and he is awesome but I'm getting pretty good at it.

18. Who drives when you are together? It depends who feels like it. I like to drive so unless we just get in without thinking it's me. And I prefer not to do the driving when were in Utah since he knows where he is going. While I have to keep saying is it this exit or the next one.

19. Who pays when you go out? Brandon. My Debit card is usually lost in a pant pocket or other diaper bag. My Dad always told me I need a wallet or a purse when I was younger and Brandon tells me now.

20. Who is more stubborn? Hmmm... Both of us and neither of us.

21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? He thinks he's never wrong but really I am always right, honestly.

22. Whose parents do you see most? Brandon's. I feel like we are always mooching on them even though that is not our intention his mom is just super nice about feeding us. Between Brandon's homework and Breelyn's daily request to go see Grandma and Baxter we are there often.

23. What made you want to be with them? He is the total opposite of me from personality, looks, brains. But we both have the same priorities and goals. It just came natural and easy. Which is saying a lot because I do not flow easily and naturally with anyone, !

24. Who asked who out? I think it was me to play volleyball with some friends. Brandon never officially asked me out. I don't even think he asked me to marry him it just happened. In fact our first "date" I don't even know if it was really a date. He invited me to go to city of rocks with some of his friends. When he picked me up it was Nate and Bethany who were obviously a couple and then the two of us. So I didn't really know for sure if it was a date or if he just invited me along so he wasn't a third wheel. :) I would let him answer that.
Here is a picture of our first date. His friend Nate had Brandon's camera so we didn't get any pictures of us. But Nate took a picture of us on top of this Moutain (Thank you Nate! I am so happy to have it!). If you look close there is a little dot of yellow that is my shirt. We are sitting there together. The first time he held my hand. Our first "date" probably the 2nd time we were together just us. 














25. Who holds the remote? Neither of us. Breelyn does. :)

26. Who is more sensitive? ME.

27. Who has more friends? Brandon. I think it's really neat how he grew up so close to all the "guys" and they all still are friends. I wish he did more with them to stay closer.

28. Who has more siblings? We are even, though he is the only boy in his family.
His family: Holli, Michelle, Brandon, Ashley
My family: Devan, Tyler, Ashley, Michelle.

29. Who wears the pants in the family? Him. I'm happy to let him. He takes good care of us. :)

30. How did he propose? It was my Birthday weekend. 2 weeks before we got married. He took my parent's to Dinner and asked my Dad. Dad trying to be funny said something like, "If she'll have you." or "Why don't you ask her." I'll have to ask Brandon. Then he took me to the same place we went on her first "date-ish" time together. Before City of Rocks. Chink's Peak? Above Arbon. He told me to get the Box out of the back seat. Yellow roses with peach tips. For my Birthday I figured. Then I came back and he proposed. I cried.. with relief!  Finally! 2 weeks to go and still no ring wasn't sure if I he was even going to ask before the day wedding day arrived! :)

Now a Dad and Mom. 2 kids. Breelyn 3. Bradley 1. 4 Years later... 

Happy 4th Anniversary, Brandon!

Manti Pageant June 06 with Nate and Bethany. After one very long cramped car ride :) Manti 2011
My hair kind of looked the same in this one so I wanted to see. Maybe not.
(We got a flat tire. Like 2 feet out of Manti.) 





Photobucket

No comments: